2022- 2023 school year positions:
Para-Professional – Para position to work to support classroom teacher providing academics. In addition, Para will be trained to utilize Handle With Care techniques as needed during crisis situations.
School Nurse(Instructional or Non-Instructional) – Support student/school health needs as required by the NJDOE, provide in-service support and education to both students and staff. Create relationships with student families, ensuring the health and wellbeing of all.
Substitute Nurse – Support student/school health needs if our certified school nurse is unable to attend in person. Substitute RN is required.
Teacher Of The Handicapped or Teacher of Students with Disabilities to work with middle school age students in self-contained classroom teaching all Content Area Subjects.
Part time Art or Music teacher – 2 days per week
Position working with students with behavioral/emotional disabilities. Must hold NJ Art or Music Teacher certification or Certificate of Eligibility. Teacher of Students with Disabilities is not necessary, but would be beneficial.
- Green Brook Academy is a state approved private school for classified youth ages 10-21 with emotional, behavioral, and learning disabilities. Our therapeutic program provides individualized attention and support such as: (but not limited to) modified curriculum, one-on-one academic support as needed, individual counseling, crisis counseling, mindfulness based training, a behavior modification program, participation in community service projects, and extracurricular activities.
- All applicants must hold or be eligible for certification. We are able to provide educational support for individuals with certificates of eligibility.
- Will be trained in crisis prevention/de-escalation skills and have access to continuing education to support teaching and supporting students who are at risk.
- Previous experience working with students with emotional/behavioral disabilities will be beneficial, however not a requirement.
Teacher responsibilities include:
- Creating meaningful and engaging lessons using multiple modalities.
- Complete the necessary IEP documents, as well as quarterly report cards and progress reports.
- Assist throughout the school day including arrival, lunch and dismissal.
- Utilize field trips to expand our students experiences outside of the classroom.
All art/music classes are small class sizes, no more than 6 students.
COMPETITIVE SALARY/ 10 MONTH POSITION WITH OPTION FOR SUMMER ESY PROGRAM.
If you are interested in submitting your resume, please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen D. Motzel, Director at email@example.com